Dartington Crystal creates vase for the Queen
- Credit: RHS / Bethany Clarke .
The Torrington-based company presented the handmade piece to HM the Queen at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
TORRINGTON-based company Dartington Crystal bestowed a celebration gift to Her Majesty the Queen at the Chelsea Flower Show.
The handmade vase was made to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the show and was presented on behalf of the company by marketing manager Richard Halliday.
The ‘Chelsea Centenary Vase’ was created by Royal Brierley, a Royal Warrant holder since 1919 and part of the Dartington Crystal group of British brands.
The vase features a delicately engraved script nestled around a clematis flower design.
You may also want to watch:
Hilary Green, Darlington Crystal’s head designer said: “We wanted to create an elegant and memorable piece with classic lines and harmonious decoration that may, one day, earn its place displaying flowers from the Queen’s gardens in one of the Royal households.”
In total the vase took 44 hours to complete with 18 skilled workers involved in the production.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Mr Halliday said: “It was a great honour to present this vase to the Queen and we hope it demonstrates that traditional British craft endures”.