I write to you after reading the excellent letter from Emma Lowe of the fundraising team of North Devon Hospice (“Valuable fundraisers”, Opinion, October 9) with regard to the fundraising of the Bratton Fleming Dance Club and the contribution of Bett Parker and Audrey Isaac.
The dance club has been in existence for over 40 years, in that time giving pleasure to many, many people interested in keeping fit through sequence and ballroom dancing, which my wife and I enjoy.
But, as intimated above, there is another side to this club – that is, raising funds for local charities. Over £3,000 is donated to charity each year through entrance fees and other fundraising activities.
There is even more good news: a planned succession of using village halls for dancing events help to keep these halls open.
My wife and I have no hesitation in recommending this club and participating in the dancing in the company of kindhearted, friendly North Devon folk, who have enriched our and others’ lives and have achieved so much for our society.
You may also want to watch:
If it was Strictly, they would all get 10.
Andrew and Marilyn Tucker
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple