Dan takes the plunge in new profession
Local man honours ant national industry awards ceremony
A BARNSTAPLE swimming pool specialist has been honoured for throwing himself in at the deep end to get ahead in his profession.
Daniel Johnson, of Roundswell-based Golden Coast, has only been involved in the industry for 18 months but has been crowned “Pool Star of the Year” at a national awards ceremony.
The Swimming Pool and Allied Trade Association (SPATA) and British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA) awards are open to all British manufacturers, suppliers and builders of swimming pools.
Daniel, who joined Golden Coast from an automotive background, was aware of his lack of previous experience in the swimming pool industry but completely immersed himself in the subject in order to provide professional technical assistance to customers on a diverse range of subjects and products.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Adams, managing director at Golden Coast, said suppliers had commented on Daniel’s professional approach and his appetite for learning, not only about the benefits of a product but also seeking solutions to meet customers’ needs.
“Dan’s rapid development and understanding of both the products and services the company offers and the diverse nature of our customers, has allowed him to take a more proactive approach to his role,” he said.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
“He now regularly visits customers at their premises and offers further advice and training when required.”