Dan takes the plunge in new profession
Local man honours ant national industry awards ceremony
A BARNSTAPLE swimming pool specialist has been honoured for throwing himself in at the deep end to get ahead in his profession.
Daniel Johnson, of Roundswell-based Golden Coast, has only been involved in the industry for 18 months but has been crowned “Pool Star of the Year” at a national awards ceremony.
The Swimming Pool and Allied Trade Association (SPATA) and British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA) awards are open to all British manufacturers, suppliers and builders of swimming pools.
Daniel, who joined Golden Coast from an automotive background, was aware of his lack of previous experience in the swimming pool industry but completely immersed himself in the subject in order to provide professional technical assistance to customers on a diverse range of subjects and products.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Adams, managing director at Golden Coast, said suppliers had commented on Daniel’s professional approach and his appetite for learning, not only about the benefits of a product but also seeking solutions to meet customers’ needs.
“Dan’s rapid development and understanding of both the products and services the company offers and the diverse nature of our customers, has allowed him to take a more proactive approach to his role,” he said.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
“He now regularly visits customers at their premises and offers further advice and training when required.”