Dainton staff smash fundraising goals for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple storage facility raises more than £6,000 for Children’s Hospice South West.
A self storage facility in Barnstaple has raised £6,467 for Children’s Hospice South West over the course of two years.
Dainton Self Storage set themselves a challenge to raise £5,000 - then smashed their total.
Fundraising included taking part in It’s A Knockout event and reselling returned cardbord boxes for £1 each.
Shaun Duncan, operations director at Dainton, said: “I was confident my team would not let me down and they embraced the challenge as I knew they would.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a family run business and Children’s Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that is very close to the hearts of our staff.
“They know what a wonderful and vital service it provides to families with children who have life-limiting health conditions.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Naomi Dymond, Children’s Hospice South West corporate partnership fundraiser, said: “Without the generosity and support of companies like Dainton we simply couldn’t continue to provide vital specialist care and support to life-limited children and their families.”