Dainton staff smash fundraising goals for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple storage facility raises more than £6,000 for Children’s Hospice South West.
A self storage facility in Barnstaple has raised £6,467 for Children’s Hospice South West over the course of two years.
Dainton Self Storage set themselves a challenge to raise £5,000 - then smashed their total.
Fundraising included taking part in It’s A Knockout event and reselling returned cardbord boxes for £1 each.
Shaun Duncan, operations director at Dainton, said: “I was confident my team would not let me down and they embraced the challenge as I knew they would.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a family run business and Children’s Hospice South West is a wonderful charity that is very close to the hearts of our staff.
“They know what a wonderful and vital service it provides to families with children who have life-limiting health conditions.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
Naomi Dymond, Children’s Hospice South West corporate partnership fundraiser, said: “Without the generosity and support of companies like Dainton we simply couldn’t continue to provide vital specialist care and support to life-limited children and their families.”