SIR - It is said that the four main religions have an estimated �300 milliard pounds proudly pocketed from the poorest in the land. Monies ostensibly begged for laudable causes have instead been diverted into property, investments and gold ingots which la
SIR - It is said that the four main religions have an estimated �300 milliard pounds proudly pocketed from the poorest in the land. Monies ostensibly begged for laudable causes have instead been diverted into property, investments and gold ingots which languish in dusty bank vaults.
Russia has stopped the export of wheat because of drought. Food prices are set to soar as austerity bites. Action is imperative.
I have a dream. Religion takes centre stage. Farmland is bought, unemployed lads are set to work the fields. Crops are grown. Mouths are fed.
No more herding defenceless animals. No more killing their babies and eating them. Realisation sets in that 10 times the amount of protein per acre can be produced if crops are grown where cattle were once reared.
You may also want to watch:
Contraception is promulgated in acceptance that Man is his own worst enemy.
Give us this day our daily bread, Holy Fathers. I'll be singing in the aisles alongside you when you throw off yopur adornments and get your hands dirty in the name of common decency.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Here endeth my prayer.
T P Goodman, Barnstaple.