D-day for Yelland homes plan
- Credit: Archant
Council set to debate developer’s plans for 53 new homes at Allenstyle amid local opposition.
A LONG-running wrangle over plans for 53 new homes at Yelland could be resolved by North Devon Council’s planning today (Wednesday).
Councillors are set to determine the outline proposals for Allenstyle, land that has had various plans for residential developments turned down during the last 40 years.
In February this year, plans were initially rejected by the council due to a lack of affordable homes.
A subsequent appeal to the Planning Inspectorate was dismissed in June and applicant Len Tanner has since submitted new plans outlining 30 per cent affordable homes, rather than the original 20 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, Yelland residents opposed to the plans held a protest as North Devon councillors visited the site ahead of today’s meeting.
Council officers recommend the new plans be approved subject to the agreement of a Section 106 developer contribution.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
Check back for the result of todays meeting as soon as we have it.
You can also follow live updates posted by our reporter in the meeting on Twitter by following @northdevon24.