Cyclist dies after Combe Martin collision
- Credit: Archant
A3123 closed near Berry Down Cross this morning after crash involving a car and two cyclists
A cyclist has died after a collision near Combe Martin this morning (Monday).
Emergency services were at the scene on the A3123 between Berry Down Cross and Wheel Lane following the 7.30am collision.
The cyclist, a man in his 40s from South Wales, received serious injuries and was treated at the scene by paramedics.
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
A second cyclist who was travelling with him received minor injuries and was later released from hospital.
The A3123 was closed at Berry Down Cross and Wheel Cross until 2.30pm for forensic examinations.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision and anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, quoting log number 109 of 20/07/15.