Cyclist airlifted to hospital after collision involving tractor
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been airlifted to hospital after colliding with a tractor near Hartland this afternoon (Monday).
The B3248 at Ford Hill Forge is still closed following the collision between Fore Street at the A39 at Ford Hill Forge.
Reports of the incident came in at around 3.55pm with police, fire, ambulance and the air ambulance attended.
A police spokesman said: “Police were informed of a collision between a cyclist and tractor on Ford Hill, Hartland in Bideford just after 4pm today.
“Ambulance and fire are managing the scene and localised closures are in place.
You may also want to watch:
“The cyclist, who is a man in his 40s, has suffered injuries that are at this time believed to be life changing.
“He has since been airlifted to Derriford Hospital for treatment.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
After the call came in, fire control immediately mobilised one fire appliance from Hartland, one fire appliance from Bideford, a duty officer and the co responders from Hartland to attend this incident.
A fire spokesman said: “On arrival the officer in charge confirmed a road traffic collision involving a tractor and a cyclist.
“Crews assisted with the casualty until the arrival of the paramedics. Air ambulance also arrived on scene.
“The crews made the scene safe and left the duty of care with the ambulance paramedics and police.”