Cups clink for Macmillan in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
World’s Biggest Coffee Morning returns with hot beverages, cakes and fund raising galore across the region.
THE slurp of beverages and clink of cups returned to North Devon with the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan.
On Friday and Saturday, community groups, friends, businesses, individuals, school and organisations all mustered the coffee mugs to take part in the annual nationwide fund raiser for the cancer support charity.
These included Ilfracombe Foodservice, which raised £151, while sheltered housing tenants at Ethelwynne Brown Close in Bideford raised £300.
The ladies of the Chivenor Families Community Project held an event in the chapel next to RMB Chivenor, and staff at Let’s Go Superbowl in Barnstaple also set up the coffee and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Tell us about your World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event, send your pictures to email@example.com and we can add them to our online picture gallery.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up