Cups clink for Macmillan in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
World’s Biggest Coffee Morning returns with hot beverages, cakes and fund raising galore across the region.
THE slurp of beverages and clink of cups returned to North Devon with the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan.
On Friday and Saturday, community groups, friends, businesses, individuals, school and organisations all mustered the coffee mugs to take part in the annual nationwide fund raiser for the cancer support charity.
These included Ilfracombe Foodservice, which raised £151, while sheltered housing tenants at Ethelwynne Brown Close in Bideford raised £300.
The ladies of the Chivenor Families Community Project held an event in the chapel next to RMB Chivenor, and staff at Let’s Go Superbowl in Barnstaple also set up the coffee and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Tell us about your World’s Biggest Coffee Morning event, send your pictures to email@example.com and we can add them to our online picture gallery.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival