Cupid’s back for Bideford’s Festival of Love this Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Bideford gets ready to paint the Little White Town red this Valentine’s Day in third festival of love.
Cupid will be delivering messages of love throughout Bideford this Valentine’s Day.
His arrival will be part of Bideford’s third Festival of Love, which will see the Little White Town turn red.
The event, organised by the Businesses of Bideford (BOB), takes place on Saturday.
This year traders will be dressing their windows to the theme of Disney couples, for shoppers to vote for their favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Tonia Quance, of BOB, said: “This is being organised by Tanya Deemer of All Area Taxis, who came up with the idea.
“She especially wanted it to interest children as there will be a children’s vote on the best windows.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
There will be plenty of other events in and around the town.
Rob Pudner of Entertainingly Different, will be dressed as Cupid once again, delivering messages of love on Saturday, February 13.
Bideford Pannier Market will be hosting a special food and craft market that Saturday, with live music, from 8am-3pm.
And on the same day, Bideford Library will be hosting a ‘love bugs’ drop-in craft session for children from 10am-midday.
A masquerade ball will be held at Bideford Social Club on February 6 from 7pm – late.
The ball, organised by IntaGR8, will raise money for mental health services.
Tickets cost £5 from 07946 453282 or Intagr8.net
Songs of Love
Lavington Church will be filled with Songs of Love as Encore! takes to the stage from 7.30pm.
Hear a range of new songs and old favourites on February 13.
The concert costs £5 for adults, and £3 for under 16s, with tickets available from Bideford Cobblers and Keys.