Cuddle a cat
SIR - R Brown says youngsters should not cuddle a cat because they put their health at risk. That’s precisely what they should do.
A child’s immune system needs to be exposed to the everyday dangers of the world so it can build up an effective defence system against them.
The greatest risk to an early years child curiously is an over-fastidious hygiene regime implementation. That’s how Dr Nature made them.
R Brown says 80 per cent of absenteeism can be traced back to cats. Clearly, there is a problem with rubbish collection in Ilfracombe.
One other thing, children learn how to love when they cuddle a cat. What better lesson in life is there?
T P Gidman,
- 1 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 2 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 6 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 7 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 8 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 Young carols singers do families proud on festive charity mission