Crunch meeting at troubled school
Worried parents meet to discuss pupils’ future
WORRIED parents are learning more about the closure of St Michael’s School at a meeting currently taking place at the school.
Dozens have descended on the private school, based at Tawstock, near Barnstaple, following Tuesday’s shock announcement that the school had gone into administration.
The school and nursery will not reopen in January, according to chairman of governors Mark Parkhouse.
Staff were briefed immediately prior to today’s meeting with parents, being held behind closed doors in the school sports hall.
You may also want to watch:
The press has been denied access to the meeting, but the Gazette will endeavour to report any developments as they happen.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety