Crunch meeting at troubled school
Worried parents meet to discuss pupils’ future
WORRIED parents are learning more about the closure of St Michael’s School at a meeting currently taking place at the school.
Dozens have descended on the private school, based at Tawstock, near Barnstaple, following Tuesday’s shock announcement that the school had gone into administration.
The school and nursery will not reopen in January, according to chairman of governors Mark Parkhouse.
Staff were briefed immediately prior to today’s meeting with parents, being held behind closed doors in the school sports hall.
The press has been denied access to the meeting, but the Gazette will endeavour to report any developments as they happen.
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief