Croyde support course for patients with long term illness
PEOPLE in Croyde who are living with long-term health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, MS and arthritis are to be offered free support from trained tutors. The new course will be launched on Wednesday, January 6, at Croyde Village Hall and will be hel
PEOPLE in Croyde who are living with long-term health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, MS and arthritis are to be offered free support from trained tutors.
The new course will be launched on Wednesday, January 6, at Croyde Village Hall and will be held every Wednesday for six weeks, from 1.30pm until 4pm.
The Expert Patient Programme run by NHS Devon is designed to help them develop skills, confidence and knowledge, achieving the greatest possible physical capability and pleasure from life, despite living with a chronic health condition.
The programme is led by trained tutors who themselves have experience of living with a long-term health condition. It includes relaxation techniques, dealing with tiredness and feelings of anger and depression and planning for the future.
You may also want to watch:
Research shows the benefits of attendance can lead to better symptom control, fewer visits to hospital and an increase in quality of life.
NHS Devon also runs Looking after Me courses for carers who look after a person with a long tem condition.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
Anyone who would like to attend any of these courses should call free on 0800 073 0792 or email d-pc.EPP@nhs.net. It is advisable to book early in order to secure a place.