Croyde skaters can learn from the professionals
YOUNG skaters keen to learn new tricks from the pros will get a chance to do so at next week s GoldCoast Oceanfest at Croyde. They will be able to watch professionals from King Ramps perform and get a chance to join in. Children under 16 will need a p
YOUNG skaters keen to learn new tricks from the pros will get a chance to do so at next week's GoldCoast Oceanfest at Croyde.
They will be able to watch professionals from King Ramps perform and get a chance to join in.
Children under 16 will need a permission slip signed by their parents or guardians (available at the event or in advance from North Devon Council) as well as their own helmet to have a go on the ramp.
As well as being one of the event sponsors, North Devon Council will be including skate workshops as part of its Summer Supersports programme.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community Development at North Devon Council, said:: "The GoldCoast Oceanfest is an excellent opportunity to watch lifestyle sports. At North Devon Council we promote healthy living and active lifestyles and hope that watching others taking part in sports will encourage visitors to the event to have a go themselves."
The GoldCoast Surf and Music Festival includes lifestyle sporting events, international music talent, pro workshops and exhibitions. Now in its 11th year, it is the largest event in the North Devon Festival.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
For more information visit www.goldcoastoceanfest.co.uk and www.northdevonfestival.org