Croyde motor dealer's free holiday offer
AN innovative SEAT dealer in one of Europe s top surf destinations has guaranteed itself a busy summer by offering its customers free holiday accommodation. Croyde Motors on the stunning North Devon coast will see its business boom in the coming weeks as
AN innovative SEAT dealer in one of Europe's top surf destinations has guaranteed itself a busy summer by offering its customers free holiday accommodation.
Croyde Motors on the stunning North Devon coast will see its business boom in the coming weeks as it makes a fully-furnished holiday apartment above its showroom available to its clients.
The award-winning dealership has been operating the incentive for the past decade and, not surprisingly, it's proved a smash hit, pulling in repeat business from as far afield as Suffolk and northern Scotland year after year.
Visitors are drawn by the dealership's prime location in the surfing Mecca, just a short stroll from the village's fabulous sandy beach and array of shops, bars and restaurants.
You may also want to watch:
But the apartment more than lives up to its appealing surroundings, boasting two double bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen and a spacious and comfortable living room with satellite TV. Best of all, though,, it can be used by both sales nd aftersales customers regardless of how much they spend. Those having their car serviced qualify for a one night stay, while those buying any car, new or used, can check-in for a full weekend. Dealer principal Roy Thackray said: "Offering the apartment to our customers has been a massive success for us and each year it pulls in more and more business and word spreads.
'For the six peak weeks of summer, business in the showroom and workshop will soar and the apartment will be occupied almost every night.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
'But we operate the scheme all year and we always have a steady stream of people who will plan their holiday around their next service or car purchase."
Loyal customer Bob Ferrier has been making use of Croyde Motors' accommodation for family holidays for years. Every summer he travels to the dealership from his home in Worthing - a round trip of some 400 miles - to have his car serviced and enjoy a break in the picturesque seaside town.
He said: "I came on holiday to Croyde and needed my SEAT serviced while I was there. Roy told me the apartment was available to customers and I've been going back for all my services ever since. The apartment's lovely and is in a wonderful location so it's well worth the drive.