Croyde lifeguards receive £5,000 funding boost
- Credit: Archant
The money will help lifeguards keep beachgoers safe during the busy summer period in Croyde.
RNLI lifeguards in Croyde have been given a fundraising boost to help safeguard beach users.
J&J Wilson’s Nisa supermarket at Ruda Holiday Park has donated £5,000 to lifeguards at Croyde Beach.
RNLI lifeguards provide patrols at Croyde Beach from Easter until the end of October.
The donation will be used towards provision of lifesaving equipment and an extension of patrol hours during the busy school holiday period as part of the RNLI Community Lifesaving initiative.
You may also want to watch:
Derrick Lloyd, managing director of J&J Wilson Supermarkets, said: “We chose the RNLI because we feel it is relevant as all of our shops are in holiday parks around the coast in England, Wales and Scotland.
“Croyde is a very popular beach with holidaymakers and we are pleased our donation will be used to further safety cover in the area.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon
“This will be the third £5,000 cheque we have donated to the RNLI, with others going to Hunstanton RNLI and Porthcawl RNLI.”
The donation was raised through the Nisa MADL (Making A Difference Locally) charity which helps independently run local stores to add value to their communities.
Vaughan Lawson, RNLI lifeguard supervisor in North Devon, said: “We are extremely grateful for the boost to our lifeguarding service at Croyde and thank Nisa Supermarket at Ruda Holiday Park for choosing to support the RNLI.
“This generous donation will help to fund more lifesaving equipment at the beach and improve safety cover outside the lifeguard patrol hours of 10am to 6pm.”