Crowds flock to Appledore Carnival
Scooby Doo, Bruno Mars, Harry Potter and The Muppets all made guest appearances in the procession on Sunday.
THE sun came out for Appledore Carnival on Sunday as hundreds crowded the streets.
Organised by the Appledore Pirates, the crowds enjoyed a host of colourful floats including Harry Potter, The Muppets and Scooby Doo.
Teresa Hammett, secretary of the Pirates, said: “We didn’t have as many entries as last year but the standard was definitely raised.
“We were over whelmed with the amount of people who turned up to watch the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
“Every car parking space was taken and Appledore Pirates would like to say a huge thank you to Skern Lodge for opening up their field for cars to park in.”
The day is thought to have raised around �1,000 which will go to local causes and an Christmas dinner for the elderly.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon