Crowds flock to Appledore Carnival
Scooby Doo, Bruno Mars, Harry Potter and The Muppets all made guest appearances in the procession on Sunday.
THE sun came out for Appledore Carnival on Sunday as hundreds crowded the streets.
Organised by the Appledore Pirates, the crowds enjoyed a host of colourful floats including Harry Potter, The Muppets and Scooby Doo.
Teresa Hammett, secretary of the Pirates, said: “We didn’t have as many entries as last year but the standard was definitely raised.
“We were over whelmed with the amount of people who turned up to watch the carnival.
“Every car parking space was taken and Appledore Pirates would like to say a huge thank you to Skern Lodge for opening up their field for cars to park in.”
The day is thought to have raised around �1,000 which will go to local causes and an Christmas dinner for the elderly.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas