Crowds flock to Appledore Carnival
Scooby Doo, Bruno Mars, Harry Potter and The Muppets all made guest appearances in the procession on Sunday.
THE sun came out for Appledore Carnival on Sunday as hundreds crowded the streets.
Organised by the Appledore Pirates, the crowds enjoyed a host of colourful floats including Harry Potter, The Muppets and Scooby Doo.
Teresa Hammett, secretary of the Pirates, said: “We didn’t have as many entries as last year but the standard was definitely raised.
“We were over whelmed with the amount of people who turned up to watch the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
“Every car parking space was taken and Appledore Pirates would like to say a huge thank you to Skern Lodge for opening up their field for cars to park in.”
The day is thought to have raised around �1,000 which will go to local causes and an Christmas dinner for the elderly.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon