Crowdfunding page launched to turn Seafield House into community project
- Credit: Archant
Ideas for Seafield House include restoring it back into a bed and breakfast or turning it into a community centre or wedding venue.
A crowdfunding appeal has been set up to buy and restore Seafield House in Westward Ho!
The Gazette revealed earlier this month that the ‘haunted’ house in Merley Road was going under the hammer on May 25.
On Saturday a group of 10 residents met to discuss a community fundraising effort to buy the building.
They discussed ideas for the house, believed to have been built circa 1885, including a bed and breakfast, community centre or wedding venue.
A Crowdfunding page has now been set up to raise £400,000 for the purchase of Seafield House.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn La Broy, who set up the page, said: “A lot of the discussions revolved around the use if Seafield after purchase and restoration.
“We all agreed that the community will be at the centre of whatever we do.”
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
The crowdfunding page will run for another 27 days and and donators can pledge anything between £10 and £20,000.
Lynn added: “We all agreed that whatever Seafield was to become, it could incorporate staff training and work experience.
“Ultimately becoming a training academy, alongside whatever use was decided.
“Again, we all thought that training for the disadvantaged would be a really valuable part of the project.” Anyone can pledge towards the project and the money will not be drawn on until the total is reached.
For more information and to pledge towards the project visit http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/westward-ho-haunted-house-project