Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Police are appealing for witnesses to a serious collision on the A39 at Barnstaple on Saturday, July 24, which left six people injured.
Officers were called at 5pm following a collision between a Mercedes and a VW Transporter van on the A39, Shirwell Road at the junction with the B3230.
The occupants of both vehicles, not local to the area, all sustained injuries. Six people were taken to hospital, three of them with serious injuries.
Four people in the van were taken to North Devon District Hospital. A 12-year-old boy was later transferred to Bristol Children’s Hospital with injuries described as life-threatening.
Two people in the Mercedes, a man and woman in their 80s, were seriously injured. The woman was airlifted to Derriford Hospital by air ambulance and the man was taken to North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for five hours for a specialist investigation of the scene to take place.
North Devon Roads Policing Unit is appealing to anyone who witnessed the collision or anyone with relevant dash cam footage to get in touch.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Please email email@example.com or telephone 101, quoting log number 0765 of 24/07/21.