Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- Credit: Matt Smart
A murder enquiry has been launched in Northam after the death of a woman in her 80s.
Police were called by the ambulance service on Monday, January 11 at 11.40am to JH Taylor Drive following reports of concern for the welfare of a woman in the property.
They found a woman in her 80s who was later confirmed dead.
A 35-year-old man from Bideford has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
A police cordon and scene guard remain in place while emergency services carry out enquiries at the scene.
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 quoting log 331 11/1/21.
More from this as we have it,
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman