Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- Credit: Matt Smart
A murder enquiry has been launched in Northam after the death of a woman in her 80s.
Police were called by the ambulance service on Monday, January 11 at 11.40am to JH Taylor Drive following reports of concern for the welfare of a woman in the property.
They found a woman in her 80s who was later confirmed dead.
A 35-year-old man from Bideford has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
A police cordon and scene guard remain in place while emergency services carry out enquiries at the scene.
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact police on 101 quoting log 331 11/1/21.
More from this as we have it,
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone