Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- Credit: Ray Goldsmith
A Bideford man remains in custody as police continue to investigation the suspected murder of an elderly woman in Northam.
Officers have been granted an extension to detain the 35-year-old suspect while enquiries continue following his arrest on suspicion of murder.
A woman believed to be in her 70s was confirmed dead at the scene in JH Taylor Drive after police were called to a property at 11.40am by the ambulance service on Monday, January 11.
Police are continuing to make enquiries to identify the woman and locate her next of kin.
The Major Crime team, supported by specialist teams, remain at the scene gathering evidence and a cordon and scene guard are in place.
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact police by calling 101, quoting log 331 of 11/1/21.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 9 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'