Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- Credit: Ray Goldsmith
A Bideford man remains in custody as police continue to investigation the suspected murder of an elderly woman in Northam.
Officers have been granted an extension to detain the 35-year-old suspect while enquiries continue following his arrest on suspicion of murder.
A woman believed to be in her 70s was confirmed dead at the scene in JH Taylor Drive after police were called to a property at 11.40am by the ambulance service on Monday, January 11.
Police are continuing to make enquiries to identify the woman and locate her next of kin.
The Major Crime team, supported by specialist teams, remain at the scene gathering evidence and a cordon and scene guard are in place.
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact police by calling 101, quoting log 331 of 11/1/21.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 9 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice