Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- Credit: Ray Goldsmith
A Bideford man remains in custody as police continue to investigation the suspected murder of an elderly woman in Northam.
Officers have been granted an extension to detain the 35-year-old suspect while enquiries continue following his arrest on suspicion of murder.
A woman believed to be in her 70s was confirmed dead at the scene in JH Taylor Drive after police were called to a property at 11.40am by the ambulance service on Monday, January 11.
Police are continuing to make enquiries to identify the woman and locate her next of kin.
The Major Crime team, supported by specialist teams, remain at the scene gathering evidence and a cordon and scene guard are in place.
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact police by calling 101, quoting log 331 of 11/1/21.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe