Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- Credit: Tony Gussin
A 35-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman in Northam.
Michael Robinson, also from Northam, is due to appear before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple today (Friday, January).
He is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Carol Hart.
Emergency services were called to a property in JH Taylor Drive at around 11.40am on Monday, January 11, where Mrs Hart was confirmed dead at the scene.
An enquiry was launched by Devon and Cornwall Police’s Major Crime Investigation team.
A police statement said Mrs Hart’s family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 6 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!