Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- Credit: Tony Gussin
A 35-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman in Northam.
Michael Robinson, also from Northam, is due to appear before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple today (Friday, January).
He is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Carol Hart.
Emergency services were called to a property in JH Taylor Drive at around 11.40am on Monday, January 11, where Mrs Hart was confirmed dead at the scene.
An enquiry was launched by Devon and Cornwall Police’s Major Crime Investigation team.
A police statement said Mrs Hart’s family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online