Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- Credit: Tony Gussin
A 35-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman in Northam.
Michael Robinson, also from Northam, is due to appear before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple today (Friday, January).
He is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Carol Hart.
Emergency services were called to a property in JH Taylor Drive at around 11.40am on Monday, January 11, where Mrs Hart was confirmed dead at the scene.
An enquiry was launched by Devon and Cornwall Police’s Major Crime Investigation team.
A police statement said Mrs Hart’s family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Shocked widow finds drunken sailor asleep in her Bideford home
- 2 Summer car parking charges hike planned for North Devon
- 3 Fatal car crash on the A39 near Kilkhampton
- 4 'Harnessing the spirituality' of Lundy Island
- 5 40% of Devon adults have received first Covid vaccination
- 6 North Devon MP 'disappointed' Covid restrictions not lifted sooner
- 7 Over and Above helps patients with dementia stay connected
- 8 Councillor 'sets record straight' on Brunswick Wharf development
- 9 'Incredible Hulk' jailed for Barnstaple street attack
- 10 Barnstaple now a flood prevention priority after 'worst flood event'