Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- Credit: Tony Gussin
A 35-year-old man has been charged with murder following the death of a woman in Northam.
Michael Robinson, also from Northam, is due to appear before North Devon Magistrates in Barnstaple today (Friday, January).
He is charged with the murder of 77-year-old Carol Hart.
Emergency services were called to a property in JH Taylor Drive at around 11.40am on Monday, January 11, where Mrs Hart was confirmed dead at the scene.
An enquiry was launched by Devon and Cornwall Police’s Major Crime Investigation team.
A police statement said Mrs Hart’s family are being supported by specialist officers.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses