Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- Credit: Google
Police investigating reports of a serious assault on a man in Barnstaple are appealing for information about the incident.
The incident took place at around 11.30pm, on Tuesday, September 7, outside the Tesco in Station Road.
A 23-year-old local man sustained a serious head injury, which could be life changing, and was transferred to Derriford Hospital for treatment.
Police are investigating and are seeking two males in connection with the assault.
Both are described as being white, tall and of slim build, and in their late teens or early 20s.
One of them had a distinctive hairstyle, with it tied in a ‘bun’ on either side of his head.
Police are appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident, who was in the area at the time, or who may know the identity of the suspects to get in touch.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
Anyone with any information which could assist police enquiries is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting crime reference CR/077911/21.