Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- Credit: Google
Devon and Cornwall Police are investigating reports of a serious assault in South Molton on Saturday, April 3, and are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
A 21-year-old local man received hospital treatment for a broken jaw and fractured skull as a result of the incident.
The reported assault took place at around 9.30pm on Saturday, April, 3 in an alley way between the Spar shop, in Broad Street, and South Molton Museum.
A 19-year-old man from South Molton was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent and an 18-year-old man, also from South Molton, was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
Both were released on police bail, pending further enquiries, and are due to answer bail on Monday, May 10.
You may also want to watch:
If you witnessed the incident or have any information that could help the police with their enquiries, please email police at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting crime reference CR/026249/21.
Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or via the charity’s website at www.crimestoppers-org.uk.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety