Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- Credit: Google
Devon and Cornwall Police are investigating reports of a serious assault in South Molton on Saturday, April 3, and are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
A 21-year-old local man received hospital treatment for a broken jaw and fractured skull as a result of the incident.
The reported assault took place at around 9.30pm on Saturday, April, 3 in an alley way between the Spar shop, in Broad Street, and South Molton Museum.
A 19-year-old man from South Molton was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm with intent and an 18-year-old man, also from South Molton, was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
Both were released on police bail, pending further enquiries, and are due to answer bail on Monday, May 10.
You may also want to watch:
If you witnessed the incident or have any information that could help the police with their enquiries, please email police at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting crime reference CR/026249/21.
Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 or via the charity’s website at www.crimestoppers-org.uk.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 5 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 8 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 9 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 10 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler