Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- Credit: Google
A 22-year-old North Devon man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a fatal crash in Bideford at the weekend.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving a bicycle and a car on Northam Road, Bideford, at around 6.25pm, on Friday, June 4.
The rider of the bicycle, a man in his 70s, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The road was closed until around 5am on Saturday, June 5, while a forensic examination of the collision scene was conducted.
A 22-year-old man from Barnstaple was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and on suspicion of driving while unfit through drink or drugs and has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, has any information or dashcam footage which may have captured either the vehicle or cyclist prior to the collision that could help the police with their enquiries.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting crime reference CR/045678/21.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 4 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon