Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- Credit: Google
A 22-year-old North Devon man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a fatal crash in Bideford at the weekend.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving a bicycle and a car on Northam Road, Bideford, at around 6.25pm, on Friday, June 4.
The rider of the bicycle, a man in his 70s, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The road was closed until around 5am on Saturday, June 5, while a forensic examination of the collision scene was conducted.
A 22-year-old man from Barnstaple was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and on suspicion of driving while unfit through drink or drugs and has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident, has any information or dashcam footage which may have captured either the vehicle or cyclist prior to the collision that could help the police with their enquiries.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101, quoting crime reference CR/045678/21.
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning