Two in court on attempted murder charge after teenager left fighting for life
- Credit: Archant
Two men have appeared in court charged with attempted murder following an alleged stabbing near Bicclescombe Park in Ilfracombe.
Callum Pillman, 21, of Heathfield Road, East-the-Water, Bideford, and 29 year old Shaun Taylor, of Crosslands, Sticklepath, Barnstaple, have been charged with the attempted murder of Marcus Goold on Saturday, January 23.
They are also charged with unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mr Goold with intent to do him grievous bodily harm, and robbing him of an iPhone on the same day.
Both defendants appeared before Exeter Magistrates Court on Friday, January 29 and were remanded in custody.
They will next appear before a judge at Exeter Crown Court on February 25.
Police said the victim suffered life threatening injuries in the alleged stabbing and is now in a stable condition in hospital.
He was airlifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth after emergency services were called to a car park near Bicclescombe Park at around 10.50pm on January 23.
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate