Crime reduction partnership launches new website for northern Devon
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice. It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in a
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice.
It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in areas such as anti-social behaviour, alcohol and drugs and youth crime prevention.
Amanda Palmer, the community safety manager, said: "As a partnership, we rely on our communities reporting problems and working with us to resolve them.
"We felt it was important to invest in a site which provides up to date, easy to access information on just what we are doing locally.
You may also want to watch:
"It's easy for us to assume that because all partners are working so hard in their own fields that specialist information and advice is reaching those who need it most. In fact, this is not always the case.
"This new site provides an umbrella for community and agency safety information to be published."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
The site includes a new password protected area for partners to share project information and for residents involved in the Street Champions project to get the latest information.
Safer North Devon partners include the police and fire authorities, Devon Primarty Care Trust and local councils.
Check out the new site at www.safernorthdevon.co.uk