Crime reduction partnership launches new website for northern Devon
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice. It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in a
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice.
It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in areas such as anti-social behaviour, alcohol and drugs and youth crime prevention.
Amanda Palmer, the community safety manager, said: "As a partnership, we rely on our communities reporting problems and working with us to resolve them.
"We felt it was important to invest in a site which provides up to date, easy to access information on just what we are doing locally.
You may also want to watch:
"It's easy for us to assume that because all partners are working so hard in their own fields that specialist information and advice is reaching those who need it most. In fact, this is not always the case.
"This new site provides an umbrella for community and agency safety information to be published."
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
The site includes a new password protected area for partners to share project information and for residents involved in the Street Champions project to get the latest information.
Safer North Devon partners include the police and fire authorities, Devon Primarty Care Trust and local councils.
Check out the new site at www.safernorthdevon.co.uk