Crime reduction partnership launches new website for northern Devon
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice. It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in a
SAFER North Devon, the crime and disorder reduction partnership, is launching a website giving people access to a range of new information and advice.
It aims to cover both general and specific community issues and contain information on initiatives in areas such as anti-social behaviour, alcohol and drugs and youth crime prevention.
Amanda Palmer, the community safety manager, said: "As a partnership, we rely on our communities reporting problems and working with us to resolve them.
"We felt it was important to invest in a site which provides up to date, easy to access information on just what we are doing locally.
You may also want to watch:
"It's easy for us to assume that because all partners are working so hard in their own fields that specialist information and advice is reaching those who need it most. In fact, this is not always the case.
"This new site provides an umbrella for community and agency safety information to be published."
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
The site includes a new password protected area for partners to share project information and for residents involved in the Street Champions project to get the latest information.
Safer North Devon partners include the police and fire authorities, Devon Primarty Care Trust and local councils.
Check out the new site at www.safernorthdevon.co.uk