Fire crews were dispatched to Croyde after a blaze broke out in a home last night (Monday).

One appliance from Braunton and two others from Barnstaple were called out at 9.42pm to St Helens Close, where the fire was located in a bedroom.

The crews used breathing apparatus and water jets to extinguish the flames and a fan to expel the smoke.

An ambulance was requested to attend for one female suffering with smoke inhalation.

The bedroom sustained 70 per cent fire damage and 30 per cent smoke damage.

The cause of the fire was judged to be accidental and duty of care was left with the occupier.