Crews fight fire in chicken shed
Three fire engines attended the scene in Torrington yesterday (Sunday).
A SHED containing chickens caught ablaze during the early hours yesterday (Sunday) in Torrington.
Two fire engines from Torrington and one from Braunton attended the scene just after midnight in Caddywell Lane, Torrington.
A fire spokesman said: “Upon arrival crews got to work using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Crews confirmed that one chicken had died in the first shed which was affected by fire, and the second shed several still alive not affected by fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished after 45 minutes of the fire crews’ arrival.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year