Crews fight fire in chicken shed
Three fire engines attended the scene in Torrington yesterday (Sunday).
A SHED containing chickens caught ablaze during the early hours yesterday (Sunday) in Torrington.
Two fire engines from Torrington and one from Braunton attended the scene just after midnight in Caddywell Lane, Torrington.
A fire spokesman said: “Upon arrival crews got to work using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Crews confirmed that one chicken had died in the first shed which was affected by fire, and the second shed several still alive not affected by fire.”
You may also want to watch:
The fire was extinguished after 45 minutes of the fire crews’ arrival.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat