Crews combat two chimney fires in 12 hours
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters were called extinguish two chimney fires in Bideford and Torrington.
FIRE crews attended two chimney fires in 12 hours yesterday (Wed) and today in Bideford and Torrington.
Just after 6.10pm yesterday, a fire engine from Bideford was called to Glebe Houses at Abbotsham after the occupant of a house reported a chimney fire.
Crews found the fire involved a range and extinguished the flames using chimney gear.
At 5am today, a fire engine from Torrington was scrambled to a report of a chimney fire at South Hill Cottages in Little Torrington.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said this was a ‘straightforward’ chimney fire.
They used chimney gear to extinguish the fire from the grate.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 6 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
In both circumstances, the owners were given safety advice by fire crews before they left the scene.