Crews called to fridge-freezer fire

Fire fighters vented the property in Bickington yesterday (Sun).

A FRIDGE-FREEZER caused damage to the kitchen floor of a house when it caught fire yesterday afternoon (Sun).

Two fire crews from Barnstaple attended the scene in Bickington at 3.15pm after the owners reported the appliance was smoking.

The occupants evacuated the building until the crews arrived and fire fighters ventilated the property.

The fridge-freezer was damaged by the fire and caused minor damage to the floor.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter