Cream teas for Children's Hospice at Green Lanes
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas. Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money fo
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas.
Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West.
They launched the fund raising bid on Saturday, joined by local councillors Roy Lucas and David Butt. Staff have organised a variety of events for the hospice and set a target of �2,000 - with �700 already in the kitty.
A big raffle is planned for early December and visitors will also be asked to enter naming competitions for a reindeer, dog and teddy bear.
"I think it's great they are helping such an important local charity and I have been delighted to help them," said David Butt.
"It's a lovely atmosphere and I am often found there drinking coffee or, on Saturday mornings, 'recovering' with an excellent breakfast!
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple