Cream teas for Children's Hospice at Green Lanes
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas. Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money fo
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas.
Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West.
They launched the fund raising bid on Saturday, joined by local councillors Roy Lucas and David Butt. Staff have organised a variety of events for the hospice and set a target of �2,000 - with �700 already in the kitty.
A big raffle is planned for early December and visitors will also be asked to enter naming competitions for a reindeer, dog and teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
"I think it's great they are helping such an important local charity and I have been delighted to help them," said David Butt.
"It's a lovely atmosphere and I am often found there drinking coffee or, on Saturday mornings, 'recovering' with an excellent breakfast!
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody