Cream teas for Children's Hospice at Green Lanes
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas. Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money fo
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas.
Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West.
They launched the fund raising bid on Saturday, joined by local councillors Roy Lucas and David Butt. Staff have organised a variety of events for the hospice and set a target of �2,000 - with �700 already in the kitty.
A big raffle is planned for early December and visitors will also be asked to enter naming competitions for a reindeer, dog and teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
"I think it's great they are helping such an important local charity and I have been delighted to help them," said David Butt.
"It's a lovely atmosphere and I am often found there drinking coffee or, on Saturday mornings, 'recovering' with an excellent breakfast!
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386