Cream teas for Children's Hospice at Green Lanes
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas. Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money fo
CHARITY cream teas are on offer at Green Lanes Caf� in Barnstaple over the coming weeks up to Christmas.
Every Monday at 4pm caf� owner Paul Edmondson and his son Ade will be hosting the cream teas at the Green Lanes Shopping Centre cafe to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West.
They launched the fund raising bid on Saturday, joined by local councillors Roy Lucas and David Butt. Staff have organised a variety of events for the hospice and set a target of �2,000 - with �700 already in the kitty.
A big raffle is planned for early December and visitors will also be asked to enter naming competitions for a reindeer, dog and teddy bear.
You may also want to watch:
"I think it's great they are helping such an important local charity and I have been delighted to help them," said David Butt.
"It's a lovely atmosphere and I am often found there drinking coffee or, on Saturday mornings, 'recovering' with an excellent breakfast!
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West