Cream tea fund-raiser for children's hospice
HOMES, gardens, village halls and offices are being turned into cream tea havens as part of a special charity event next month. The BIG South West Cream Tea takes place from September 19 to 26 in aid of the Children s Hospice South West – and the charity
HOMES, gardens, village halls and offices are being turned into cream tea havens as part of a special charity event next month.
The BIG South West Cream Tea takes place from September 19 to 26 in aid of the Children's Hospice South West - and the charity wants you to get involved.
Emma Puckey, head of fund-raising at Little Bridge House said: "You could organise a huge cream tea for the whole village in your local hall or a smaller one in your back garden for close friends.
"Whatever you decide, the BIG South West Cream Tea is a fun and scrumptious way to help raise vital funds to support life-limited children."
The annual event is being sponsored by Rodda's Cornish Clotted Cream who will be donating a supply of their clotted cream to anyone holding a cream tea party during children's hospice week.
"A BIG South West Cream Tea information pack is jam-packed with everything you will need for your event, including Children's Hospice South West's top secret scone recipe," added Emma.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 3 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 4 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 5 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 8 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 9 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 10 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
To request an information pack, email email@example.com or telephone (01271) 325270.