Cream tea fund-raiser for children's hospice
HOMES, gardens, village halls and offices are being turned into cream tea havens as part of a special charity event next month. The BIG South West Cream Tea takes place from September 19 to 26 in aid of the Children s Hospice South West – and the charity
HOMES, gardens, village halls and offices are being turned into cream tea havens as part of a special charity event next month.
The BIG South West Cream Tea takes place from September 19 to 26 in aid of the Children's Hospice South West - and the charity wants you to get involved.
Emma Puckey, head of fund-raising at Little Bridge House said: "You could organise a huge cream tea for the whole village in your local hall or a smaller one in your back garden for close friends.
"Whatever you decide, the BIG South West Cream Tea is a fun and scrumptious way to help raise vital funds to support life-limited children."
You may also want to watch:
The annual event is being sponsored by Rodda's Cornish Clotted Cream who will be donating a supply of their clotted cream to anyone holding a cream tea party during children's hospice week.
"A BIG South West Cream Tea information pack is jam-packed with everything you will need for your event, including Children's Hospice South West's top secret scone recipe," added Emma.
- 1 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 2 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
To request an information pack, email email@example.com or telephone (01271) 325270.