Crash victim arrested over alleged stabbing
Man in hospital awaits questioning over alleged stabbing.
A MAN involved in a car crash in the early hours of Saturday morning has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The 65-year-old driver was cut free from a silver Audi after it collided with a wall at 1.20am in Atlantic Way, Westward Ho!
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple with serious chest, leg and arm injuries and later transferred to Derriford Hospital, in Plymouth, where he remains under police surveillance awaiting questioning.
Soon after, police were called to a property in Northam after reports that a woman in her fifties was suffering from multiple stab wounds to the back and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was treated by paramedics and is currently in a serious but stable condition at North Devon District Hospital.
Police have appealed to anyone who witnessed the collision or has any information to call them on 101 quoting reference CD/12/426.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home