Crash victim arrested over alleged stabbing
Man in hospital awaits questioning over alleged stabbing.
A MAN involved in a car crash in the early hours of Saturday morning has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The 65-year-old driver was cut free from a silver Audi after it collided with a wall at 1.20am in Atlantic Way, Westward Ho!
He was taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple with serious chest, leg and arm injuries and later transferred to Derriford Hospital, in Plymouth, where he remains under police surveillance awaiting questioning.
Soon after, police were called to a property in Northam after reports that a woman in her fifties was suffering from multiple stab wounds to the back and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was treated by paramedics and is currently in a serious but stable condition at North Devon District Hospital.
Police have appealed to anyone who witnessed the collision or has any information to call them on 101 quoting reference CD/12/426.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online