Three in hospital after crash
- Credit: Archant
Two men had to cut free from a car after a crash in Bideford which left three people needing treatment at hospital.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service dispatched crews from Bideford and Appledore to the accident site in New Road shortly before 7pm last night (Saturday).
A service spokesman said: “On arrival crews confirmed that the incident involved two vehicles on the public highway.
“Five persons were involved in the incident, two of these were trapped.
MORE: New Road closed after crash.
“Fire service personnel released two male persons from one of the vehicles using one set of hydraulic cutting equipment, stabilisation equipment, two sets of battery-operated cutting equipment, small tools, lighting and two hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
“These two males were taken to hospital by ambulance.
“Also taken to hospital was a female person who had been released before the arrival of the fire crews.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 9 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's