Three in hospital after crash
- Credit: Archant
Two men had to cut free from a car after a crash in Bideford which left three people needing treatment at hospital.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service dispatched crews from Bideford and Appledore to the accident site in New Road shortly before 7pm last night (Saturday).
A service spokesman said: “On arrival crews confirmed that the incident involved two vehicles on the public highway.
“Five persons were involved in the incident, two of these were trapped.
MORE: New Road closed after crash.
“Fire service personnel released two male persons from one of the vehicles using one set of hydraulic cutting equipment, stabilisation equipment, two sets of battery-operated cutting equipment, small tools, lighting and two hose reels.
You may also want to watch:
“These two males were taken to hospital by ambulance.
“Also taken to hospital was a female person who had been released before the arrival of the fire crews.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs