Crackling carvery effort for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Purple Patch: Auction and carvery event at the Old Station Inn raises £3,5000
THE Old Station Inn at Blackmoor Gate near Kentisbury has raised an impressive £3,500 for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
An auction plus a carvery was organised at the pub by Christine Ward, who is a volunteer at The Hospital Charity (Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund).
“The Hospital Charity is helping many people in our community and I want to thank everyone who helped me organise the auction,” said Christine.
“The Old Station Inn has been very supportive and in fact our auctioneer nearly lost his voice, having to auction an incredible 93 lots!”
You may also want to watch:
There is still huge support and a will to see the new state-of-the-art Chemotherapy Unit built in Barnstaple and although construction work has now started, more money needs to be raised.
“This is a real example of a community coming together to help others and we are delighted this was in aid of our current appeal,” said Ian Roome, fundraising manager for The Hospital Charity.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“Even though we have started to build this legacy we still need to raise more than £300,000, so this kind of support is hugely important and my thanks go to Christine and her team of helpers.”