Crews from Barnstaple and Combe Martin were called out early this morning (Saturday).

Fire crews and paramedics were called to a property Bratton Fleming early this morning (Saturday) after reports of a fire.

A man and a women were both treated for smoke inhalation after the small fire in a first floor bedroom.

Crews from Barnstaple and Combe Martin attended the incident, which happened at around 6am,

The fire service used pressure ventilation to clear the bedroom of smoke.

Click here to return to our homepage for more North Devon news.