Couple spot ‘UFOs’ out to sea at Northam
- Credit: Archant
The couple claim they saw seven bright V-shaped objects darting around the sky over the ocean.
A COUPLE in Northam claim they have seen something ‘out of this world’ after spotting bright lights in the sky.
The reported UFO sighting happened at around 9pm on Thursday, June 20, as the sun was setting.
John and Amy Taylor were looking out of their lounge window when they spotted a group of bright lights moving in the sky over the sea.
“There were seven lights in the sky, roughly about eight miles out to sea,” John told the Gazette.
You may also want to watch:
“They were shooting off in all different directions; it was quite a display.”
John said the extraordinary sight lasted about five minutes before all of the lights shot off in one direction.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
But after about 20 minutes, the lights returned and the couple witnessed a similar display, again for around five-to-ten minutes.
“We couldn’t take our eyes off of them, it was out-of-this-world,” said John.
“When I looked through my binoculars the objects were like a V-shape with bright white lights on them.”
The couple tried to take photographs of the lights but had no battery in the camera.
“I’ve always been one of those people that has to see something to believe it,” said Amy.
“My mind was trying to run through every possible logical explanation, but I just couldn’t explain it.
“Whatever it was, it was not from this world.”
Now John and Amy are hoping to hear if anyone else witnessed the display that evening.
John said: “If someone can explain it then fine, but I don’t know what else it could be other than something out of this world.”
l Did you witness bright lights over the skyline on Thursday, June 20? Contact reporter Sarah Howells on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01271 341658.