Couple’s car rally raises £500 for charity
- Credit: CHSW
A charity car rally in North Devon has raised £500 for Children’s Hospice South West.
The event on September 1 set off from The New Inn in Fremington and took motorists on a 60-mile loop through Barnstaple, Braunton, Georgeham, Mortehoe and Combe Martin before finishing at Little Bridge House in Fremington.
All ages and makes of car were invited to take part, and all 27 participants were all presented with a rally plaque and finisher's trophy.
It was the third rally organised for the charity by Yelland couple Diane and Bob Harrison, who visited Little Bridge House in Bob's fully-restored 1960 Austin Healey 3000 to present their fundraising to CHSW assistant community fundraiser Neville Pope.
Over the three years, their rallies have raised £1,480 for the charity, which offers vital care and respite to nearly 200 children with life-limiting conditions and their families at Little Bridge House.
You may also want to watch:
Diane and Bob, who have held similar car rallies in the Merseyside for many years before moving to North Devon, said they were delighted to be able to support their local children's hospice. Next year's rally will take place in the first week of September.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 5 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 6 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 7 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park