Couple check out Two Moors Ride
A couple who have just completed an 800-mile cycle ride from Berlin to Krakow are now organising the annual Two Moors 100 cycle event (www.twomoors100.co.uk) on Sunday, July 18 to raise money for the charities and good causes supported by the Rotary Club
A couple who have just completed an 800-mile cycle ride from Berlin to Krakow are now organising the annual Two Moors 100 cycle event (www.twomoors100.co.uk) on Sunday, July 18 to raise money for the charities and good causes supported by the Rotary Club of Bideford Bridge.
Bernard and Sarah Wragge-Morley cycled through three Eastern European countries in three weeks coping with floods, heat waves and mountain ranges.
The cities and cultures in each country were very different; East Berlin has stunning new architecture and is a cyclist's paradise, Prague is vibrant and beautiful, and Krakow has a wealth of spectacular churches and a most interesting and unusual history .
Since returning, the couple have spent the last few days cycling across Exmoor and Dartmoor to check the route for the Rotary Charity Sportif cycle event is all in good condition.
You may also want to watch:
At this time of the year the scenery and views from the top of Exmoor and Dartmoor are stunning and there is a beautiful ride along the wooded river valleys between the moors.
The ride is open to keen cyclists and fit first-timers who would just like a great day out in the beautiful Devon countryside.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
It is not too late to enter at www.twomoors100.co.uk. All the profits from the event go to charity and you can also download a sponsorship form from the website to raise money for your own favourite charity.
There is a choice of two course lengths - 100 miles (160 km) or 100 km (62 miles). A sportif is not a race but a timed ride.
There is a wide variety of entrants. Some are teams of fast riders who are out to beat last year's time and others are just out for a day's ride and taking a picnic.
All entrants get the benefit of feed stops on the way round with water, energy drink, bananas and flapjack at every stop. There will also be a sweeper van to pick up anyone who gets into trouble. The start is at Bideford Rugby Club, Victoria Park at 08:00 on the Sunday morning. For all inquiries, contact Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org