Couple check out Two Moors Ride
A couple who have just completed an 800-mile cycle ride from Berlin to Krakow are now organising the annual Two Moors 100 cycle event (www.twomoors100.co.uk) on Sunday, July 18 to raise money for the charities and good causes supported by the Rotary Club
A couple who have just completed an 800-mile cycle ride from Berlin to Krakow are now organising the annual Two Moors 100 cycle event (www.twomoors100.co.uk) on Sunday, July 18 to raise money for the charities and good causes supported by the Rotary Club of Bideford Bridge.
Bernard and Sarah Wragge-Morley cycled through three Eastern European countries in three weeks coping with floods, heat waves and mountain ranges.
The cities and cultures in each country were very different; East Berlin has stunning new architecture and is a cyclist's paradise, Prague is vibrant and beautiful, and Krakow has a wealth of spectacular churches and a most interesting and unusual history .
Since returning, the couple have spent the last few days cycling across Exmoor and Dartmoor to check the route for the Rotary Charity Sportif cycle event is all in good condition.
You may also want to watch:
At this time of the year the scenery and views from the top of Exmoor and Dartmoor are stunning and there is a beautiful ride along the wooded river valleys between the moors.
The ride is open to keen cyclists and fit first-timers who would just like a great day out in the beautiful Devon countryside.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
It is not too late to enter at www.twomoors100.co.uk. All the profits from the event go to charity and you can also download a sponsorship form from the website to raise money for your own favourite charity.
There is a choice of two course lengths - 100 miles (160 km) or 100 km (62 miles). A sportif is not a race but a timed ride.
There is a wide variety of entrants. Some are teams of fast riders who are out to beat last year's time and others are just out for a day's ride and taking a picnic.
All entrants get the benefit of feed stops on the way round with water, energy drink, bananas and flapjack at every stop. There will also be a sweeper van to pick up anyone who gets into trouble. The start is at Bideford Rugby Club, Victoria Park at 08:00 on the Sunday morning. For all inquiries, contact Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org