Countryside day at Eggesford
THE Countryside and Wildlife Day at Eggesford Garden Centre on Sunday presents the perfect opportunity to find out more about the creatures that come to our gardens and surrounding countryside. Help and advice will be available on all aspects of gardenin
THE Countryside and Wildlife Day at Eggesford Garden Centre on Sunday presents the perfect opportunity to find out more about the creatures that come to our gardens and surrounding countryside.
Help and advice will be available on all aspects of gardening for wildlife, attracting more birds to the garden and nature conservation in general. The event takes place on Sunday 3rd October and there will be lots of information and entertainment for all ages.
Devon Wildlife Trust, British Trust for Ornithology, Butterfly Conservation and local bee-keepers, animal rescue and conservation groups, some bringing furred friends, will be in attendance. North Devon Hawk Walks are back again this year with their fantastic birds of prey.
There will be lots more information available on what you can do in the great outdoors and the event is a real family day with puzzles, quizzes and competitions for all ages. Pot decorating and clay modelling will keep the youngster amused and as well as great special offers on the day there will be a prize draw where you can win a fantastic wild bird care package for your garden.
Entry to the event is free and there is plenty of car-parking space. For more information visit www.eggesfordgardens.com or telephone 01769 580250.
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief