Countess launches North Devon charity challenge
THE Countess of Arran joined with the Lord Lieutenant of Devon, Eric Dancer and invited guests at Castle Hill, Filleigh to help the charity Devon Community Foundation officially launch its North Devon Grassroots Challenge. The Challenge aims to help
THE Countess of Arran joined with the Lord Lieutenant of Devon, Eric Dancer and invited guests at Castle Hill, Filleigh to help the charity Devon Community Foundation officially launch its North Devon Grassroots Challenge.
The Challenge aims to help small voluntary and community groups across North Devon which are in the front line in helping local people in need by securing an extra �1 million in match funding from the Government.
Every donation made to the North Devon Grassroots Challenge Fund will be matched pound for pound by the Government, doubling the power of local giving and building a permanent source of support for small local groups..
The Countess of Arran, Patron of Devon Community Foundation, said: "This is a great opportunity for North Devon to help secure extra funding for local volunteers who do such valuable work in our community.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm delighted to be launching the Challenge and hope local people really get behind this.. If the matching million is not raised, these groups will miss out on the extra million available."
Anyone who would like to find out more about supporting North Devon Grassroots Challenge should call Kathy on 01884 235887 or visit www.devoncf.com
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley