Countdown to TV Merlin's ultimate adventure
NORTHAM stuntman and entertainer Merlin Cadogan will be braving the waters at Clovelly next week for his modern day King Canute performance. Merlin, 35, will be chained into his throne on the beach at 3pm a week today (Tuesday) and will stay there until 3
NORTHAM stuntman and entertainer Merlin Cadogan will be braving the waters at Clovelly next week for his modern day King Canute performance.
Merlin, 35, will be chained into his throne on the beach at 3pm a week today (Tuesday) and will stay there until 3pm on Friday. During his three-day ordeal he will be covered by the incoming tides twice a day.
Despite wearing scuba equipment so he can breathe while under water, Merlin will have to deal with problems such as sleep deprivation, the cold and exhaustion during his unique charity feat.
His death-defying stunt will raise funds for the Children's Hospice South West.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be a real ordeal and I hope a lot of people will come and support me, cheer me on and help keep me going," said Merlin.
A Just Giving page has been set up on the Internet so anyone can sponsor Merlin's charity effort, www.justgiving.com/merlinsgottalent.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes