Countdown to TV Merlin's ultimate adventure
NORTHAM stuntman and entertainer Merlin Cadogan will be braving the waters at Clovelly next week for his modern day King Canute performance. Merlin, 35, will be chained into his throne on the beach at 3pm a week today (Tuesday) and will stay there until 3
NORTHAM stuntman and entertainer Merlin Cadogan will be braving the waters at Clovelly next week for his modern day King Canute performance.
Merlin, 35, will be chained into his throne on the beach at 3pm a week today (Tuesday) and will stay there until 3pm on Friday. During his three-day ordeal he will be covered by the incoming tides twice a day.
Despite wearing scuba equipment so he can breathe while under water, Merlin will have to deal with problems such as sleep deprivation, the cold and exhaustion during his unique charity feat.
His death-defying stunt will raise funds for the Children's Hospice South West.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be a real ordeal and I hope a lot of people will come and support me, cheer me on and help keep me going," said Merlin.
A Just Giving page has been set up on the Internet so anyone can sponsor Merlin's charity effort, www.justgiving.com/merlinsgottalent.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market