Councils set out 'blueprint' for Northern Devon
NORTH Devon and Torridge District councillors have been discussing a blueprint for the future of the region at a joint meeting held in Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday). Executive committees from each council met at the Civic Centre to approve the draft v
NORTH Devon and Torridge District councillors have been discussing a blueprint for the future of the region at a joint meeting held in Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday).
Executive committees from each council met at the Civic Centre to approve the draft version of the North Devon and Torridge Joint Core Strategy, the first step on a long road to set out the authorities' visions and objectives for the entire Northern Devon area between now and 2026.
The document earmarks possible development in the region to the tune of 21,600 new homes and 13,000 new jobs, as well as possibilities for new schools, health centres, open spaces, tourism opportunities and environmental responsibilities.
The final plan will be the first to be prepared by the two councils working together and will provide a framework to determine future development in the region.
You may also want to watch:
The draft Joint Core Strategy is being recommended for approval at an extraordinary full council meeting on Wednesday, December 16 before going out for a six-week public consultation starting in January next year.
The full document can be viewed at www.torridge.gov.uk or www.northdevon.gov.uk
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman