Councils set out 'blueprint' for Northern Devon
NORTH Devon and Torridge District councillors have been discussing a blueprint for the future of the region at a joint meeting held in Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday). Executive committees from each council met at the Civic Centre to approve the draft v
NORTH Devon and Torridge District councillors have been discussing a blueprint for the future of the region at a joint meeting held in Barnstaple this morning (Tuesday).
Executive committees from each council met at the Civic Centre to approve the draft version of the North Devon and Torridge Joint Core Strategy, the first step on a long road to set out the authorities' visions and objectives for the entire Northern Devon area between now and 2026.
The document earmarks possible development in the region to the tune of 21,600 new homes and 13,000 new jobs, as well as possibilities for new schools, health centres, open spaces, tourism opportunities and environmental responsibilities.
The final plan will be the first to be prepared by the two councils working together and will provide a framework to determine future development in the region.
You may also want to watch:
The draft Joint Core Strategy is being recommended for approval at an extraordinary full council meeting on Wednesday, December 16 before going out for a six-week public consultation starting in January next year.
The full document can be viewed at www.torridge.gov.uk or www.northdevon.gov.uk
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal