Councils bid to tackle fuel poverty
Get help to insulate your home this winter
PEOPLE in North Devon and Torridge could benefit from discounted or free insulation to help reduce fuel bills and keep homes warm this winter.
North Devon and Torridge district councils are tackling the growing issue of fuel poverty through the countywide CosyDevon scheme.
The offers are available to all homeowners and private tenants across Devon and many people, particularly those on low incomes or in receipt of qualifying benefits, may even qualify to have insulation installed completely free.
North Devon Council’s Executive Member for Housing, Councillor Faye Webber, said: “With rising energy costs, many households will find it more difficult to keep warm this winter.
You may also want to watch:
“This scheme could really help local people, so I would urge anyone who is worried about their fuel bills and think that insulation could help, to please call the freephone number for advice.”
Fuel poverty is a major issue with the latest figures indicating that there are about 84,000 households in Devon currently in fuel poverty, with almost 9,000 of those being in North Devon.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Torridge District Council’s Lead Member for Homes and Housing, Cllr David Lausen, said he hoped there would be a good take-up of the scheme.
“Insulated homes will make the winter more comfortable – there’s a minimum of inconvenience during the installation by local, accredited installers, and any mess is cleared up before they leave.”
To find out more or arrange a free, no obligation survey call the Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512012 and ask about CosyDevon or visit www.cosydevon.co.uk