Councillors support Pilton Festival
The Pilton Festival is to benefit from a Community Councillor Grant from North Devon Council. Local Ward members Brian Greenslade and Mair Manuel have given a total of �2,000 to the organisers of the festival. The purpose of the Community Councillor G
The Pilton Festival is to benefit from a Community Councillor Grant from North Devon Council.
Local Ward members Brian Greenslade and Mair Manuel have given a total of �2,000 to the organisers of the festival.
The purpose of the Community Councillor Grants is to offer support to organisations and projects that benefit the people, the environment and the community across the North Devon district.
The latest cheque was presented to Albert Linacre on behalf of the Festival Committee at a community action day in Pilton.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Greenslade said: "The Pilton Festival is a really popular event which attracts many visitors to the area. I am proud to be able to help support the event through the grant and look forward to seeing lots of people enjoying it next year."
Cllr Manuel, said: "I am delighted to support the Pilton Festival; it gives such a boost to Pilton and Barnstaple and supports the arts. The festival offers something for everyone and the build-up to the event provides a community focus for the volunteers and residents who put the event together during the year."
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Albert Linacre from the Pilton Festival Committee sid: "I have been working on the festival for the last 30 years and I would like to thank the councillors on behalf of the committee for the grant, which will help us with this year's event."
This year the council is providing �65,000 of funding to community and voluntary groups or organisations through the Community Councillor Grant scheme. Each councillor has �1,500 to spend on projects within their electoral ward each year.
Any organisations that think they could also benefit from this local funding should contact the Grants Officer at North Devon Council on (01271) 388426 or email email@example.com for further information.