Councillors hope to repaint Kingsley Road mural
- Credit: Archant
Bideford town councillors voted to explore the idea of using section 106 money to fund a new mural in the town.
A PROMINENT wall in the centre of Bideford could become a new art project as town councillors investigate repainting it.
The wall of the King George V playing fields along Kingsley Road currently features a mural of birds painted several years ago.
Cllr Peter Christie told town councillors at the meeting on Thursday he felt the wall was now looking ‘very, very sad.’
He said he had several ideas including a street art feature, a timeline showing Bideford’s history or a mural of trees.
You may also want to watch:
“I have found out Torridge has some section 106 money that has been sitting there for years for public art. There is £10,000 available,” he said.
Other suggestions from councillors included getting local schools involved in the project as an educational experience.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
Councillors voted unanimously to explore the idea, and to submit any ideas for the wall to the clerk for further debate.