Councillors grant four-year-old Poppy’s swing wish
- Credit: Archant
Little girl’s letter pushes Fremington Parish Council to put a new swing in Tews Lane park
Parish councillors have responded to a little girl’s letter asking for new swings in a Barnstaple park.
Four-year-old Poppy Chappel, with the help of her Grandma, wrote to Fremington Parish Council asking them to put ‘big girl swings and big boy swings’ in Babbage Park and the Queen Elizabeth II playing fields at Tews Lane.
Moved by the gesture, the Parish council have now unveiled a new basket swing at Tews Lane, suitable for children of all ages.
And Poppy gave the new swing her seal of approval when she got to try it out on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Rodney Cann, who received the letter, said: “I think we were touched by Poppy’s letter and it shows that as a Parish Council we have a heart and listen.
“We’d recognised for some time it needed a swing down there and Poppy’s letter pushed us to make it happen.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes