Councillors fund canal bridge repairs
- Credit: Archant
Torridge councillors donate £900 to refurbish a bridge over the Bude Canal near Holsworthy.
TORRIDGE District Councillors have joined forces to help refurbish a bridge over the Bude Canal in Pancrasweek.
The Vealand Farm bridge was given a facelift thanks to £900 in grants from Councillors Ken James, Howard Ratledge and Michael Footitt.
The Bude Canal Trust owns a five-mile length of the canal from Bude to Holsworthy, known at the Aqueduct branch.
The Bude Canal Trust Partnership includes The Bude Canal Trust, South West Lakes Trust, Devon County Council, Torridge District Council, and Cornwall County Council as well as local parish councils, conservation and wildlife trusts.
You may also want to watch:
Funding for the grants came from the councillors’ community grant allowances. For more information on applying contact your local Torridge councillor.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe