Councillors fund canal bridge repairs
- Credit: Archant
Torridge councillors donate £900 to refurbish a bridge over the Bude Canal near Holsworthy.
TORRIDGE District Councillors have joined forces to help refurbish a bridge over the Bude Canal in Pancrasweek.
The Vealand Farm bridge was given a facelift thanks to £900 in grants from Councillors Ken James, Howard Ratledge and Michael Footitt.
The Bude Canal Trust owns a five-mile length of the canal from Bude to Holsworthy, known at the Aqueduct branch.
The Bude Canal Trust Partnership includes The Bude Canal Trust, South West Lakes Trust, Devon County Council, Torridge District Council, and Cornwall County Council as well as local parish councils, conservation and wildlife trusts.
You may also want to watch:
Funding for the grants came from the councillors’ community grant allowances. For more information on applying contact your local Torridge councillor.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford