Councillor resigns from Torridge District Council
- Credit: FAO Laura
Geoff Lee has left a vacancy on the district council and says he will miss the ‘inspirational’ town of Great Torrington.
A TORRIDGE District Councillor has said he will miss the people of Great Torrington after resigning from his post.
Geoff Lee was first elected in 2007 but has now moved away from Torrington to a town in Norfolk with his wife Claire to be closer to their children and grandchildren.
He also leaves his post on Torrington Town Council and role as chairman of the Citizens Advice Bureaux.
“We moved to Torrington 18 years ago and have made a lot of friends who we will miss very much,” said Mr Lee.
You may also want to watch:
“Torrington is like no other town; it’s inspirational to see how well the community works together.
“I just wish I could be there helping the people fight to save the hospital.”
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
Mr Lee’s resignation leaves a vacancy on the district council which can only be filled if two electors from the district write to the returning officer requesting an election.
Signatures can be sent to the returning officer at Riverbank House, Bideford EX39 2QG. Notice of an election will be displayed if and when the signatures are received.